Tuesday, November 15, 2011

39 Weeks

Feeling: I've been feeling great considering! I've been getting a lot of stuff done around the house while the baby is napping, she is a good napper! It seems like my stitches are finally healing and not pulling as much which makes it a lot less painful to get around. Probably the most painful thing to do is blow my nose! There isn't much of a routine around here yet, mostly just eating every 2-4 hours, sleeping every 2-4 hours, playing a little, and dirty diapers! My stomach looks a little better everyday. I can still see the line down the middle you get when you're pregnant, but no stretch marks! My belly button has returned to an "innie" which I was worried about, haha! My stomach feels a little squishy at the bottom, but not too bad. I'm still a little swollen in my hands, my wedding band still doesn't fit, which I tried today. Otherwise, I feel like I'm slowly getting back to normal...just a little more tired "normal."

Weight 136 lbs


(and in case you were curious)
Fun Facts About Week 39: Coming down to the wire, your baby weighs around seven to eight pounds and measures 19 to 21 inches. Those measurements won't change much from now on, but her brain is still growing at an astonishing rate, a pace that will continue for the first three years of life. Her pink skin has now turned whitish (even babies who'll eventually have darker skin appear whitish now — they haven't yet developed pigment). Her head may have dropped into your pelvis by now, which makes your breathing easier but walking harder.

The end (and a whole new beginning!) is in sight, so watch for the signs that your body is ready to get the show on the road. These include Braxton Hicks contractions; the rupture of the membranes (water breaking) that contain your amniotic fluid; the loss of the mucous plug (the “cork” of mucus that seals the opening of the uterus); and the bloody show (your capillaries rupture from the dilation and effacement of your cervix, causing any discharge to appear pink or red-tinged). Labor could be close (but no cigar — yet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment