Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 5

Here we are at week 5! I wasn't able to get a doc appt until April 12th because my doc doesn't want to see me until week 8-9. I have a feeling these few weeks are just going to crawwwwwwl by! I did get some paperwork and a script for prenatal vitamins which I've started (up until now I've just been taking over the counter prenatals, these just have a little more Folic Acid)

Week 5
Feeling: Still normal, I think my hormones are making me dumber, I've noticed I've been more forgetful, I even drove right by Jewel the other day when I meant to stop and had to do a U-turn about a mile down the road. I'm still having very vivid dreams, no pregnancy ones yet though. I'm not even really feeling overly tired yet. I told Lori, I don't know if I'm really convinced there is something growing in there, ugh, I can't wait for the doctor to tell me its true!
Weight: 121 lbs


Some interesting tidbits about week 5? Our baby bee now resembles a teeny tadpole (complete with a tiny tail) and is about the size of an orange seed. The circulatory system, along with the heart, is the first part of that tiny body to be functional; and as the baby's heart starts to form, you may even be able to see it beating on an early ultrasound. Another part of our little tadpole that is under construction: the neural tube, which will eventually becomes our baby's brain and spinal cord! So interesting to know what's going on in there! ;)

To pass the time waiting for the big appointment, we've also been trying to think of creative ways to tell the rest of our family and then it hit me!

hahahaha We'll just let Rigby tell everyone! Our plan is to reveal our big news at Easter! I can't wait to see everyone's reactions!

No comments:

Post a Comment