Tuesday, June 28, 2011

19 Weeks

Just one week away from our ultrasound! Can't wait to see Baby Burns again on that screen! :)

Feeling: I've been feeling really down in the dumps lately. I'm sure its the hormones, but its definitely bringing me down. We went to look at baby furniture this weekend and I felt really stressed because I didn't see anything I liked in the set of furniture I want for the nursery. We went to Target in between looking because I wanted to show Steve the stuff I had registered for online, especially the stroller because I wanted to make sure we both could fold it and both liked it. After about 15 min of struggling with 2 Target employees, we figured it out....but Steve was done with baby stuff after that. I of course was not, because I felt like we had sooo much to do yet, but he wanted to leave. We ended up making one more stop at Babies R Us, and actually finally found a crib furniture set we both liked, but being in the store made me start to freak out that I should register at a store like that because it had SO much more baby stuff than Target...and I don't really know what we need! Steve wanted none of it, he wanted to go home and have me register online again, but I was just so overwhelmed and emotional, I cried the whole way home!

Ever since, I've been feeling so down, just reliving it now is making me tear up a little....its so strange. All of this is so overwhelming and while I know I have so much support from all of you, my friends and family, I just feel so lost about this whole baby situation...and I don't think Steve will ever understand the way I feel, and I can't really describe it, which is frustrating. It just makes me shut down  and not want to talk about it. I hope I can get out of this pregnancy funk very soon.

In other news, I've continued to crave dairy a LOT! Cheese and ice cream, are my favs of course. I've also been eating a lot of fruit, just because it looks so good when I go into the store! I can put away a lot of food from the time I get home from work till the time I go to bed! Ice cream sundaes are the best! I've also been feeling the baby moving around a lot this week and last night could actually feel it with my hand on my tummy! Steve was able to feel it too! Must be all that ice cream before bed.... ;) My low back and also randomly my tail bone have been hurting this week too, but I think I attribute the tail bone pain to sitting on a barstool and stadium seat for 5 hours watching a 14 inning baseball game Friday night....yowsers!

Weight: 129 lbs


Fun Facts About Week 19: Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? Well, that's what our baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt (she's about a half pound in weight and six inches long) and a substance called vernix caseosa. This greasy white stuff covers your baby's skin, protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid. (Without it, she'd look totally wrinkled as she entered the world.) The vernix sheds as delivery approaches, though some babies still sport a bit of the coating at birth. One minute you're lying peacefully in bed and the next your calf muscle feels like it's about to explode. Leg cramps during pregnancy are pretty common (no one knows exactly what causes them, but muscle fatigue or compressed blood vessels are the likeliest culprits) and tend to strike at night. You might also be wondering about tingling and numbness in your fingers and toes about now. It's a weird sensation but totally normal, probably a result of your body's swelling tissues pressing on nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment