Monday, June 6, 2011

16 Weeks

I guess I'm officially 4 months now! Our next doc appt is on Thursday, but it will just be another quickie where we'll hear the heartbeat.

Feeling: The belly is getting a bit larger, so its getting harder to wear my jeans and harder to bend over to pick something off the floor...especially when the two are combined. hahaha! Its definitely getting uncomfortable sleeping on my belly now...so its hard to sleep overall because I'm a belly sleeper! I'll wake up in the middle of the night to one arm being asleep, roll over only to wake up with the other arm asleep in few hours or so! This week I'm craving things that people mention in passing...Chipotle, chili cheese dogs, Portillos, calzones....so could people please mention healthier things to me!?!? hahaha (and I need to stop watching Man vs Food with Steve) I've pretty much resumed my morning showers again, especially now with my new 'do, its a lot easier to get up in the morning and easier to get ready.  My congestion has been particularly annyoing this week. I was so congested on Thursday I thought my head was going to explode that I broke down and bought a Netipot to clear out my sinuses and it worked! I never thought I'd be ok with pouring water up my nose, but when you don't want to take any medicine, it was my only option, other than suffering with a constant headache! I'm definitely still tired too at the end of the day, but it seems to be getting better slowly. I'm glad most of my stress at work is over for a bit, but will probably ramp up again in July/August....grrrr
Weight: 128 lbs



Fun Facts About Week 16: Our baby now weighs in at a whopping three to five ounces, and he's four to five inches in length. The bones that are now in place in his ears means he can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car. While he’s getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in his body, especially the ones in his back, are gaining strength, so he can straighten out a little more. And thanks to his developing facial muscles, your baby is capable of making a few expressive frowns and squints, even at this early stage. (Don’t worry, those frowns have nothing to do with the sound of your voice!) And his eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed). Peekaboo!

No comments:

Post a Comment