Tuesday, July 26, 2011

23 Weeks

Feeling: I've been feeling good still, definitely had more energy, which is good because I've really been putting in a lot of work into the nursery this week. My belly button is a lot more shallow, which is weird...and Baby Bee has been kicking up a storm this week! I've had a twinge in my back for about a week now, my patient caseload is pretty heavy duty right now at work, meaning a lot of lifting, a lot of helping them walk, and 5/7 of them have dense weakness on the left side of their body, which means my left side has been getting more of a workout than my right, I think causing the twinge and trigger points right between my left shoulder blade and spine. I can feel it every time I lift a leg, or help them take a step....but it seems to be getting a little better. The early part of last week, the pain was radiating up into my neck and I couldn't even sleep on my left side for a day. I even broke down and took 2 Tylenol, which at least helped me get some rest. Steve has been very good, being my little therapist at home, working on the trigger point and helping me stretch as I instruct him too, which has been great. Ice and using the tennis ball at work has helped to push the trigger point into submission a little during my doc time. I got a lot of spa gift cards for my birthday, so I should really start booking some massages this week, because boy, do I need it! I don't really think pregnancy is causing this, but maybe the Relaxin is making me more prone to overuse injury since my ligaments aren't as stable.

As I mentioned, the nursery is really coming along! I had to work Saturday and while I was at work, Steve was busy assembling our changing table and dresser. When I got home I helped him assemble the drawers and move everything in place. The nursery was a total disaster area until yesterday, every time I get something baby related, I had just been throwing it in there, along with all the other junk that was in there being our "extra room" So, yesterday after work I spent reorganizing closets to make room for stuff, throwing out stuff, and cleaned out the entire nursery so I could see how we would lay all the furniture out. The only thing missing is the crib, which we were finally able to order on Saturday (why we put the rest of the furniture together, because the crib was finally in stock) and it should be here in 7-14 days, so right now its just a mattress where the crib will be. We also assembled the little cradle from Aunt Susie which we will use as a bassinet/sleeper/to-go sleeper and it is so cute! Its this little hammock looking thing, and its so adorable, I just love rocking it and imagining Baby Bee in there! ;)

Weight: 134 lbs


Fun Facts About Week 23: Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent.

If you're suddenly sporting a dark line down the middle of your tummy, say hello to the linea nigera. That line has actually always been there, but you probably never noticed it until pregnancy hormones caused hyperpigmentation (the same phenomenon that may have darkened your areolas and the area around your forehead and cheeks). Other (less than delightful) skin changes on your body in the sixth month may include red palms and soles, bluish blotchy legs, heat rash, and skin tags. Oh, and don’t forget that itchy belly (keep slathering on those creams!).

* As a note, I have had none of these symptoms...yet...thanks to Jen and Jes and their recommendation of Bump Butter! Keep slathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment