Wednesday, August 31, 2011

28 Weeks

Feeling: I'm feeling great now that I know I've passed my 3 hour glucose test and that I finally made it to the third trimester! I took the test right before baby's shower on Saturday. I was so stressed about getting gestational diabetes, you have no idea. I couldn't sleep at night sometimes staying up worrying about it. I do find that little things bother me and do affect my sleep, the accident, worrying about stupid things, I wonder if that's a pregnancy thing, or just my OCD haha My 28 week doc appt was pretty uneventful, Baby Bee's heart was beating at 148, which was a relief because it was my first appt since the accident. The doc only really seemed concerned about my low hemoglobin saying that if I don't take the iron and end up needing a C-section, I could be in big trouble and have very low blood counts with the blood loss....so needless to say, I've been taking my iron religiously, twice a day, despite the unfortunate side effect. :( I'm sticking with my healthy diet for the most part, but am slowly allowing myself some sugary pleasures throughout the day. Baby Bee has been kicking a lot, and the location changes...sometimes my bladder, sometimes my right side, and sometimes up into my diaphragm. There is a lot more kicking after I eat especially. When I bend over, I feel like the wind gets knocked out of me, so when I pick stuff up off the floor, I do a "golfer's lift" to prevent that. The doctor said it was too early to palpate where baby's head and stuff were, and too early for baby's head to start "heading down" for delivery yet. Everyone says I am "all belly" but I feel like I'm getting so big and my belly is stretching like crazy! I don't know how baby is going to have room to grow for 11 more weeks!!

Weight: 139 lbs


Fun Facts About Week 28: Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already (what do you suppose he's dreaming about?).

While it's good news that your baby is settling into the right position for childbirth (since you're now entering the third trimester), the potentially painful news is his head — plus the weight of your uterus — may now be sitting on your sciatic nerve, which runs through the lower part of your back, buttocks, and legs. This common condition (called sciatica) can cause sharp, shooting pain and/or tingling or numbness, starting in your rear end and radiating down the backs of your legs. The best thing to do for sciatica (and the rest of your week 28 aches and woes)? Take it easy — and hope your baby changes position sooner rather than later. 

I mentioned that Baby Burns' baby shower was this past weekend...I'm so totally blessed to have all the amazing women who helped plan the shower in my life: Lori, Chantal, Stacy, Donise, Jen, Mallory, my mom and Steve's mom. It was everything I dreamed and more, I loved every last detail that went into the shower!! Here's some pics of the beautiful work they all did, enjoy! :)

Cake pops - thanks Donise!


Bee fruit salad - thanks Lori and Erik!


Bee cupcakes - thanks Chantal!


Bee-hive! Thanks girls!


Diaper wreath - thanks Jen!


A unisex clothesline - no easy feat!


Party planners!


Steve and I :)



No comments:

Post a Comment