Tuesday, September 6, 2011

29 Weeks

Feeling: I'm still feeling good, lately I've been really motivated to get everything ready for baby. I did a lot of work in the nursery, getting everything cleaned/washed, organized, and assembled. Steve wasn't around most of the weekend, so that left me to get everything done on my own...which I find is when I am most motivated, when left unsupervised. I also did a lot of online shopping because there were some great baby bargains at Target and Babies R Us over the Labor Day weekend! I still have one more shower, but I bought a few big ticket items like my breast pump and a new rocking chair...that I figure my co-workers won't be buying me haha. I mind as well get a great deal while I can! My belly is getting bigger and bigger, but I'm surprised with how much energy I have but the motivation to get things done really drives me...and I always feel like I have a million things to do at any given moment in time. haha My back is sometimes sore at the end of the day, but not bad. Its getting harder to get comfortable laying down, I can feel the baby pushing up on my diaphragm and I have to change positions a lot. Baby is still kicking a lot...usually first thing in the morning, (and early riser), after lunch, and after dinner/evening when I sitting or laying quietly on the couch....or at least that's when I notice it most. I have my next doc appt tomorrow, hopefully everything goes smoothly!

Weight: 141 lbs


Fun Facts About Week 29: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Some old friends- heartburn and constipation - may take center stage now. The pregnancy hormone progesterone relaxes smooth muscle tissue throughout your body, including your gastrointestinal tract. This relaxation, coupled with the crowding in your abdomen, slows digestion. Sluggish digestion can cause gas and heartburn — especially after a big meal — and contribute to constipation.

Some women get something called "supine hypotensive syndrome" during pregnancy. This happens when lying flat on your back causes a change in heart rate and blood pressure that makes you feel dizzy until you change position. You might notice that you feel lightheaded if you stand up too quickly, too. To avoid "the spins," lie on your side rather than your back, and move slowly as you go from lying down to sitting and then standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment