Feeling: I feel like I've hit another landmark, 30 weeks! In 10 more weeks we'll have a baby! So exciting! I've definitely been feeling larger than life lately. I feel like my stomach and diaphragm are being pushed into my lungs and I am starting to get heartburn (I think, I've never had it before) but its like a chest pain that sometimes wakes me up in the middle of the night, or really anytime I lay down. With enough pillows though, the only thing waking me up in the middle of the night, usually only once, is my squished bladder. I'm really starting to feel my abs stretching apart down the middle especially at the very top of my tummy, but its not too bad. What I also find weird, as I sit here on my bed writing this, is when I'm sitting indian-style, my boobs are like resting on my belly...which is really weird because I have what I consider small boobs, so its a weird sensation to have my belly so high, my boobs are actually resting on it. (because really, the boobs have not grown THAT much haha) The baby has been kicking a lot still, at times it makes me jump because it will be a strong one that surprises me! My tolerance for heat is not good, it was probably about 80 out over the weekend and on Sunday I was so hot, I actually felt sick, so I made Steve put the air on. I usually love the heat, but I guess not 30 weeks pregnant! Lucky for me its supposed to cool off!
Weight: 144 lbs
Fun Facts About Week 30 Your belly’s increasing size is a definite clue that your baby is getting bigger every day, weighing in at over three pounds now (he’ll be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks). Also growing daily is his brain, which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat, he'll start shedding lanugo, the downy body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now.
These days you may feel as if you've got a flamethrower in your chest. Heartburn is one of the most common (and annoying) pregnancy ailments and here's why: The same pregnancy hormones that cause your body's pelvic muscles to relax so you can deliver your baby also relax the ring of muscle that separates the esophagus from the stomach. The upshot? Food and digestive juices can head upstream from your tummy into your chest and throat — hence, the infernal inferno. Your expanding uterus, now exerting pressure on your stomach, only fuels the fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment