Feeling: I've been feeling a little more tired lately. I've finally started to get some swelling of my hands and feet this past weekend and into this week. I thought it was mostly because of the heat, but I still notice a little swelling in my fingers and feet when I'm at work too. I decided I better take off the wedding bands because it was almost impossible to get them off on Sunday, I successfully got them off though yesterday. I've been feeling more stretching in my abs and it is getting harder to lug the belly around at work, on and off the floor, and lifting people. My patients are cute though, saying they are trying their best so I don't have to help them...I might have the best patient outcomes ever these last few weeks haha! Some of my earlier maternity clothes don't even fit anymore, especially the tank tops! Baby's kicking has gotten less frequent, but more "jolting" as I like to say. I'll feel a leg scrape across the top of my belly or get a big kick to my side without warning! The doctor last week said that baby is head down, butt on the left and feet on the right...which is what I was thinking but it was a relief that the head was down, at least for now. I measured at 33.5 cm fundal height at 34 weeks and gained 2 lbs since my last appt. The baby's heartrate was at 132, the slowest its been, I guess baby was relaxed. ;) We had our first birthing basics class through the hospital this week and it was pretty silly. I'll take any advantage I can get though to get me through labor! I'm definitely getting anxious about what its going to feel like and if I'll be able to deliver naturally!
Weight: 149 lbs
Fun Facts About Week 34: What's new this week? Your baby is clocking in at five pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches by now, and the vernix (the white coating protecting your baby’s skin) is getting thicker. This week, a boy's testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum (look out below!). While about three to four percent of boys are born with undescended testicles, it's nothing to worry about — they usually head downtown before junior turns a year old. In other baby-related developments, those tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now — and getting ready for that first postpartum manicure.
You're not seeing things — at least not as well as usual. That's because your eyes are yet another part of your body that falls prey to those pesky pregnancy hormones. Not only can your vision seem less sharp these days, but also a decrease in tear production can leave your eyes dry and irritated, especially if you wear contact lenses. Plus, an increase in fluid behind your eyes’ lenses can temporarily change their shape, making some women more nearsighted or farsighted than usual. Happily, these vision changes during pregnancy are all temporary. Things should clear up as your eyes return to normal after delivery (so there's no need to change your prescription just yet).
No comments:
Post a Comment