Feeling: Well, I'm feeling larger than life! hahaha While I didn't think it could get any more smushed in there, it is. My bladder is getting squashed, my ribs are getting drop kicked, and my stomach is in my chest cavity. I can hardly sit on our couch anymore because it feels like the baby is getting smashed into my organs, I am actually most comfortable when I'm walking. Its funny because everyone wants to you sit and take it easy, but it is so uncomfortable I've been transporting my own patients back to their rooms at work, just to get more walking in! The doctor didn't say much last week, but they haven't started checking my cervix yet. Not sure when that will start. I had a weird bout of morning sickness today, I dry heaved like I was in my first trimester, but I think it was because I blew my nose too hard because it was right after that. I'm guessing I irritated much stomach after spending the night squashing it by baby and then with my diaphragm blowing my nose. hahaha Hopefully it won't happen again. I felt ok the rest of the day today, some people say that nausea is a sign of labor, but it was jsut a few dry heaves, so I doubt its impending labor. Steve has been complaining lately about my snoring, but I never feel like I get good sleep. I get up anywhere between 2:30 and 4am to pee, and usually never fall back asleep, which has been hard at work. I feel like the only time I get any sleep is the weekends when I can be more flexible with my sleep schedule. I knew its good prep for baby, but still stinks! I can't believe we're only 3 weeks away from the due date, we are definitely getting excited! I'm so relieved and excited to have made it full term with baby, so anytime Baby Bee wants to make an appearance, its ok now! ;) People say it looks like I'm dropping a little, but you be the judge!
Weight: 152 lbs
Fun Facts About Week 36: Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though her digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as she takes her first suckle at the breast or bottle.
It's a good thing your baby's almost done cooking, since your body may feel pretty "done" by now as well. For one thing, you're doing the full-term pregnancy waddle, the result of the hormone-triggered loosening and softening of your connective tissue. This is your body's way of getting ready to squeeze a big baby out of a small space. Unfortunately, those loose joints can lead to some pretty serious hip and pelvic pain— but hang in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment