Sunday, April 10, 2011

8 Weeks

Only 2 more days till our first prenatal appointment, I'm so excited!

We have been telling a few more people about the pregnancy because its getting harder and harder to keep the jig up. Steve told his sisters at dinner at Clara's this week because it was too suspicious that I would miss a meal at my favorite restaurant...but I felt so tired and didn't have the energy to fake drink wine. Some of my co-workers also found out at happy hour this week when I didn't order a beer! We told more friends at a birthday party for Lori this weekend too, its so much fun when everyone knows....I hate keeping secrets and am obviously bad at it!!

Feeling: I was definitely more sick this week. I was sick on Tuesday and Thursday the most...but I came to realize the more sleep I got, the better I felt the next day. I've been going to bed at 8 or 9 and getting up at 6:30...at that's worked well the last 3 days. My schedule was thrown off by the weekend staying up late, but was able to sleep in late today to compensate, so I have felt ok Friday, Saturday, and today. I've told people that I either feel starving, nauseated, or tired. I think that about sums it up!
Weight: 124 lbs


Fun facts about Week 8: Our baby is growing at an amazing rate — about a millimeter every day — and now is the size of a large raspberry.Our little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though he/she has webbed fingers and toes, his/her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as the lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. The baby's heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as mine! And even though I can't yet feel it, the baby is now making spontaneous movements as he/she twitches his/her tiny trunk and limb buds! While our raspberry-sized babe isn't exactly causing me to show yet, my pants are a little snug these days. That perpetual queasy feeling is normal at this point in the pregnancy. But I should take heart — our baby feels just fine. Most likely, I'll find relief as I move into my second trimester, but for now, I should try to focus on the positive: Morning sickness is usually a sign that the pregnancy is going well. Whew! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment