With our first OB appt behind us, Steve and I have enjoyed telling everyone about Baby Burns this week! We both told our workplaces, the Burns side of the family at church yesterday, my brother, and more friends! Everyone is so excited with us, its so much more fun to all be excited together!
Feeling: I've been feeling a little better since posting a box of Oatmeal Squares next to my bed to eat in the am before I even get out of bed. This has stopped the dry heaving every morning, which is a big relief...thanks for the tip Terri! (another perk of telling people at work!) I've just continued to be really tired. I can sleep for 10 hours on a Friday night and take a 2 hour nap during the day Saturday, and still only stay up till 11 at the latest! I'm excited to only be 3 weeks from that second trimester, so I can start feeling better!
Weight: 124 lbs
Fun facts about Week 9: Our baby, now the size of a green olive, has grown about an inch since last week. Tiny muscles are beginning to form, so while he might not be ready to pump iron, he's gearing up to move his arms and legs. It's still too soon to feel anything in my belly, but we might be able to hear something at our next checkup. I've never felt so tired in my life and for good reason: My body is working overtime preparing for motherhood as it develops the placenta, our baby's lifeline. At the same time, my metabolism and hormone levels are surging, which triggers a decrease in blood sugar and blood pressure. The result of all this is pregnancy fatigue. Relief is around the corner as my energy level increases (and morning sickness decreases) over the next few weeks once placenta construction is completed. Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment