Monday, May 16, 2011

13 Weeks

Here we are at 13 weeks! We had our 12 week appointment on Tuesday and it was a quickie. It took a while to find the tiny heartbeat, but it was music to our ears when the doctor did! It was so cute, and at 150 bpm! I think Baby Burns was excited to be heard! ;) I weighted exactly the same as I did for my first appt, but I still maintain I had heavier clothes on the first appt, because for this appt it was about 90 degrees outside and I was in shorts and a tank top! I go back in another month, for another "quickie" before our big ultrasound on week 20!

Feeling: I've been feeling a lot better! I had the stamina to stay out till about 2:30am for Meredith's bachelorette party in the city...but took a 3 hour nap the next day to recover! The nausea seems to be gone and the hunger is here! My craving this week are still hot dogs (with cheese), mac and cheese, oreo milkshakes, cheese of all kinds, strawberry ice cream, and fruit. Steve should stop letting me go shopping because this stuff is all I buy, hehehe ;) He asked today if I bought anything for him to eat, I said I would share! ;) I'm still having some dizzy spells, I took my BP during one of them at it was low 101/73, and my heartrate was 103, which when it happens, I am told, I should drink more water and I also usually pop a Jolly Rancher to make sure its not my blood sugar as well, when I'm at work.  I'm definitely feeling more like myself, but still take nighttime showers so I can sleep in a little more in the morning before work and am still pretty tired at the end of my crazy workdays. (although I think I was before I was pregnant too...haha)
Weight: 125lbs


Fun Facts About Week 13: What's up with our baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time I give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction. And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment