Feeling: I've been blown away at how much better I've been feeling. I'm slowly getting my energy back, although I wouldn't say its back to pre-pregnancy. This week I had some soreness in my abs....I'm not really sure why, not even like a stretching soreness, when I would stretch it would hurt...like a workout soreness after a big ab workout, weird! I was proud of myself for lasting for Meredith's entire wedding day, start to finish, although was fading around 11pm, but Steve insisted we stay till midnight and I made it! I wasn't quite the dancing machine I usually am at weddings (with a little help from liquid courage) but I still had a wonderful time! It was wonderful to see the family and get all the congrats from everyone we love all in one place! I guess its good I'm getting my energy back because this week has been particularly stressful. I have a lot going on with work, particularly my research and a lot of deadlines coming up! The hormones are probably making it particularly worse as far as my stress and my patience...but the wedding was a good distraction this weekend, and let me relax for at least a day! I'm back to the grind, and I'm trying to stay calm for the baby's sake! I've also noticed I've been suffering from some allergy symptoms but don't think I can take anything...with all the drug recalls and problems with pregnancy though, I don't think I would take anything even if I could! For now I'll just keep sneezing and blowing the ol' schnoz. ;) Oh, also this week I started using my "Bump Butter" Jen and Jes got me...its never too early to start buttering up and hopefully preventing those stretch marks!
Weight: 123 lbs
Fun Facts About Week 14: Now the size of your clenched fist, our baby is more fluid-like in his movements, so he’s no longer doing the jerk every time he repositions his arms and legs. Other developments this week include a roof of his own (inside his mouth, that is) as well as intestinal activity: His intestines are producing meconium (which is the waste that will make up his first bowel movement after birth). He is also sporting a downy coating of hair (lanugo) that keeps him nice and warm. Not to worry — you won't give birth to a monkey; baby fat will accumulate over the next few months and take over the function of keeping your baby warm and toasty —allowing most of that hair to shed.
FYI: No, I'm not getting an inkling that our baby is a boy or girl referring to it as "he" or "she" I'm just copying and pasting what the email I get every week says on what happens week to week! We still plan on being surprised, so I don't know anything you don't and I don't have a feeling really either way boy or girl...;)
No comments:
Post a Comment